Saturday, December 2, 2006

December Already!


Mood: Relaxed. Music: Robert Pollard, From a Compound Eye. Writing: finished revising (rewriting) chapter eight. Today's quote: "I have made this [letter] longer, because I have not had the time to make it shorter." -Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662), "Lettres provinciales", letter 16, 1657

********
Winter was right on cue this time. December 1 and we had a snow day. This is the view out the window by my desk. Unfortunantly, I didn't get a whole lot of revising done because my daughter got sick--stomach flu. Ugh.(How Murphy's law is that?) But things are looking good today and we are going to bag our christmas tree. It is our tradition to go hunt down and kill (cut down) our own tree, so this is more of an expedition rather than just an outing. After spending 3 hours driving around last year--lots of whining from the kids and a spilled coke on the car seat--we found Stibitz, a christmas tree farm up in Whitehall. They have lots of great trees, goats to feed, chickens to chase, and coffee and hot chocolate. Plus they shake and bundle the tree. How cool is that!? We are heading up there again this year (and feeding the kids BEFORE we go this time)

I wanted to point out a couple of new features on this blog--the links to other blogs of interest and the links to other websites of interest. If you have one you want me to add, just let me know via email or add it in a comment on one of my posts--I do check them.

All this snow--great reason to stay inside and write!

No comments: