Monday, January 29, 2007

Books

Today's Mood: Composed. Today's Music: Tori Amos. Today's Writing: Revised/Edited The Mary Monologue. (Over the weekend I printed out cover letter and Black Dragon manuscript to send out to another publisher today.) Today's Quote:
One out of every four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of
your three closest friends and if they seem okay then you're the one. -Abigail
Van Buren

********
I love to read good books--books that make me forget who and where I am. Books that make me a bad parent. Books like Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I finished reading these books and feel both inspired to work on my own writing and sure that I'll never write a book nearly as absorbing. These books are Young Adult--that's most of what I read since I'm a middle and high school librarian--and though they deal with vampires, they are more suspense/romance than horror. The energy that runs through them is what I find so amazing. Plus I love the relationships that are examined within the book.

Last night I picked up Anne Lamont's book called Plan B: further thoughts on faith. Looks interesting, but I need to finish Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg. So many books and so little time to read! Librarians are constantly frustrated. (how's that for a slogan?)

Anyone else read anything good lately?

No comments: