Monday, January 8, 2007

Writing Group

Today's Mood: Happy. Today's Music: Alison Moyet. Today's Writing: The Mary Monologues. Today's Quote:
What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you
wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours. -J. D. Salinger
(The Catcher in the Rye)

********
I have writing group tonight and I can't wait! I love to go and hear what everyone has written. Each time I go to writing group, I learn something new--and often it is from other peoples' writing and not my own. Today I have something new to bring. After working on my second novel for so long, it's exciting to have something totally different to bring--and not just one chapter of a much longer piece!

For those of you who are in a small group, do you find yourself looking at your piece of writing and thinking about what individual members of your group might say? I think I'm finally starting to internalize certain comments from my writing group members--very helpful comments by the way!

No comments: