Thursday, February 15, 2007

Catching Up

Today's Mood: Busy and Tired. Today's Music: The Verve Pipe. Today's Writing: Chapter 2 of I Feel For You (IFFY). Today's Quote:
"There is no factory. There is no assembly line. There is a swimming pool."
-James Patterson

*******
I know, I know, it's been awhile since I've posted. Life has been hectic--in my job, in my life. My writing has been going okay. I struggled like crazy getting a first chapter I was comfortable with, but when I brought what I thought were two different beginnings to my writers' group, they said what I had was chapters one and two. So, hey, I'm further along than I thought!

Anyway, I need to be brief, but I just wondered if anyone caught the article in USA Today--Monday, Feb. 5, 2007--about James Patterson. The article talked about how he uses co-authors to help put out as many books as he does. When I started reading, I admit I was feeling like he was cheating. I mean, if I buy a book with an author's name on it, I want that person to actually BE the author of the book. But by the end of the article, I was thinking maybe this was a great way for new authors to break into publishing. And according to the article, James Patterson provides a very detailed outline and signs off on the end product--in a way it's a great mentoring system.

And James Patterson, he admits he has way more ideas for great books than he has time to write those great books.

So what are your thoughts on the matter? Oh, and how's the writing going?

No comments: