Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Feels like a Monday

Today's Mood: Tired. Today's Music: The Verve Pipe. Today's Writing: working on chapter 3 of IFFY--except it really might be chapter 2. I got thinking that what I am writing really fits better in ch. 2. Today's Quote:

"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing." Wernher von Braun


*******
I'm looking forward to going to the winter conference at Khardomah Lodge. To have a few whole days to write is like a dream at this point--and no, not a nightmare, a good dream. I have been so tired that my morning writing session gets started slow. I'm still writing, and am always amazed how much a few sentences can pile up. But to really sink into the story and the characters, it helps to have a bigger chunk of time.

I have started to carry a notebook around with me so that I can jot down ideas or snippets of scenes or dialog as they come to me. I don't know if I'll actually use some of the stuff--but it helps keep the story and the characters alive and talking in my head.

It has been fun reading the blogs of other writers. First off, I find that I'm not all that different from other writers. Second, I find that everyone writes in vastly different ways. But most of all, it gives me a boost when I just don't feel like writing. Look, Sarah, so-and-so didn't feel like writing but she did anyway and so you can too. That kind of thing.

Hope to hear from some of you. Are you writing? Doing basic research? (I must do that a lot since I often don't know what I'm doing--this is in reference to today's quote) Seen any good movies lately? I heard about the Oscars but have to admit I didn't watch--our cable went out partway through anyway.

No comments: