Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One way or another

Today's Mood: Scattered. Today's Music: Matchbox 20--Mad Season. Today's Writing: Revising chapter 50, 51 of BD. Today's Quote:
*******
I blame it on the snow. Here I am, hoping for a snow day, and what do I get? Extra early writing time! We lost power last night, but no problem, my travel alarm clock was right in the bedside drawer. I set the alarm and went back to sleep. Until my daughter called for me. The house was too quiet. Not much I could do about that--other than sing. She decided quiet was preferable. My alarm rang at 5:40 and five minutes later, the power came back on. Later, I was mixing up my cappuccino while I waited for my car to de-ice itself. I happened to glance at the battery-operated clock in the kitchen. 5:30. Hmm. That wasn't right. I went and checked my cell phone. 5:30 a.m. Holy cows! I got up at 4:45! Well, that's one way to get some extra writing time.

It was good. Really good. I had the extra time needed to dig in and get some good writing done. But there is no way in hell I'm getting up that early tomorrow! In fact, I'm hoping for a snow day.


4 comments:

outdoorwriter said...

Sarah;

By 4:45 I've already had a couple of cups of tea, surfed through my favorite blogs and sites, written a little and am getting ready to take the dogs out to their kennel for the day. My daughter is up at 5:30 and we're on our way to school by 6:15. Even on the weekends, it's rare that I sleep past 5:00. I hoped for getting snowed in yesterday too.

smcelrath said...

Larry,

What time do you go to bed? I must need a lot of sleep because I'm dragging my carcass around all day if I get up that early every day. But I rarely get to bed before 11 p.m.

It was beautiful. All the trees were outlined in white.

outdoorwriter said...

Sarah;

Bed time gets earlier as the week progresses, but rarely am I up past 10:00, unless something really good or interesting is on. It does catch up with me. I usually drive all night, with a short catnap at a rest stop, if I go to Oklahoma or Kansas and I'm good for the day I arrive.

Mark Wolfgang said...

Wow. I'd prefer to be dead to the world at 4:45. But I always seem to wake up to get in some quality tossing and turning time roughly half an hour before the alarm goes off. Regardless of whether the alarm is set for 6:09 or 5:09, or any other time. --Mark