Monday, November 20, 2006

Enthusiasm

Mood: business-like. Music: Sarah McLachlan--Fumbling toward Ecstasy. Writing: Finished revising chapter 5. Today's Quote:
No one keeps up his enthusiasm automatically. Enthusiasm must be nourished with
new actions, new aspirations, new efforts, new vision. It is one's own fault if
his enthusiasm is gone; he has failed to feed it. ROBERT BELANGER


***********
I love quotes. I subscribe to this little periodical called Good Stuff that is published every four weeks and is all quotes. (800-220-8600) And one of my feeds is a quote of the day site http://www.quotationspage.com/qotd.html Today the first quote is: "Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win." by Robert Heinlein Isn't that a great quote? Sometimes I just need to be reminded of those kind of things.
It's almost obscence, but I have to admit that it felt good to get up at 5:45 and come in to work to write. I love sleeping in on the weekends, but writing--well, there isn't anything else like it! (except maybe really good sex) My psyche--my soul misses that time of being totally focused. Studies show that we only use a small portion of our brain. I like to think that when I'm writing, I use a bit more than usual. (which may not say much for me, but there you go.)
Anyway, feed your passion. Write something today!

No comments: