Friday, November 17, 2006

Revising

Today's mood: Busy but relaxed (TGIF) Today's music: Alison Moyet: Alf (awesome smoky voice) Today's writing: finished revising ch. 4

I am an obsessive rewriter, doing one draft and then another and another,
usually five. In a way, I have nothing to say but a great deal to add. GORE VIDAL (1925- )


I both love revising and hate revising. In many ways I find it much easier than creating from scratch, but there is always the niggling thought that I might actually be making it worse instead of better. Of course, that's what small groups and readers are for, right?

Yesterday I sat in the Surgery waiting room at Hackley hospital and revised chapter three and started on chapter four, laptop balanced on my knee. What would I do without my laptop? I've gotten so used to it that I only use my journals for ideas, quotes, and unsticking my mind. (Okay, sometimes for venting as well.)


So how's the writing going for you?

By the way, several of you received an invitation to be an author on this blog. If you didn't and would like to be, let me know what email address you want me to put in.

No comments: