Monday, June 25, 2007

Blog reminders and schedules

Today's Mood: Pleased. Today's Music: Tori Amos. Today's Writing: Revising some details on character charts and profiles. Today's Quote:
Writing is way over-rated. Revise and edit until you're sweating bullets, until your tenth draft finally begins to read like an effortless first draft. Then cut it in half. -James V. Smith Jr. in The Writer's Little Helper

*******

In an optimistic hope that more people will visit the blog after the Glen Lake conference, I am posting "da rules"of the blog. The purpose of this blog is to be able to connect with other writers. When I post, I am seeking acknowledgment of me as a writer. I seek encouragement, answers to my questions, and sometimes a poke or two in order to remind me to write. It makes me feel more accountable when I know I'm going to have to put down Today's Writing.

There are very few rules--and they are not rules so much as how things work on the blog.
***One: remember that anyone can read this, so think of the blog more like debriefing and less like a small group. If you want someone to read your writing--put the question out and then hook up with whomever responds outside the blog (via email addresses provided in the PW Directory).
***Two: Anyone can comment, but if you want to be able to POST, you need to email me with your email address so I can put you on as an author. Don't send the email address over the blog. Posting means you can bring up your own topic for people to comment on--like having debriefers other than just me.

And that's really about it. It doesn't have to be just about writing. Writers read, writers watch the Tigers.... And remember you don't have to have great profound things to say (although I'm sure you all do) when you comment on someone's post. You can just comment to let us know there are other writers out there writing.

Oh, and on a totally personal note: I set my alarm and got up at 7:30 to write this morning! Go me! Why it is so much harder for me to get out of bed here at home than it is at Glen Lake, I have no idea. But I need to do this. I need the scheduled time to write--otherwise it is never convenient. There are always too many other things to do.

Hope you are writing as well.

No comments: