Saturday, August 11, 2007

Blogger: Deborah
Mood: Rebellious
Listening: NPR's This American Life
Writing: this blog

Well, I'm supposed to be cleaning my totally trashed bedroom so the hub and I can find the bed, find our shoes, find our clean clothes, and find some rest. But I'm here instead.

The goal was to get my butt out of bed this morning (Saturday) and spend 30 minutes writing. But no! I FORGOT!! Can you believe that? I FORGOT! And now it's well into the day, and I have to sacrifice the writing to do the things that make my space calm and peaceful.

I guess because writing daily isn't a habit yet, it's just not foremost in my mind. Maybe that's why I forgot. I just rolled into the old habits of trying to get a bit of extra sleep, and then feeling guilty because I haven't cleaned the bedroom in so long we can write our names in the dust on the bureau (Hey! At least I'd be writing!!). So the guilt of being slovenly overtakes the pleasure of writing.

OK. Tomorrow, Sunday, I'm devoting 30 minutes to writing something, and not this blog. Something else. I don't know what. Maybe a cruise to the big lake will be the inspiration. Maybe sitting in my sunroom will be. Maybe lying in my clean bed in my clean bedroom, gazing at the freshly dusted and shined ceiling fan will bring the muse. Or maybe I'll just write.

However I do it, the goal is 30 minutes. No word minimum. No word maximum. No perfection needed on the page. Just write, dammit! Write!

To inspiration, from whence it may come!

2 comments:

mike stratton said...

Okay, I'm in. Thirty minutes a day? I'll do it! I've seen this blog post a couple of times now and I make excuse after excuse for not writing. No more. No more excuses. Thirty minutes a day. Cool. And I'll also take a yoga class and eat more fiber. Honest.

dreemryter said...

Too funny! Since I wrote the stupid post I haven't done even 1 stupid minute of stupid writing! It's stupid. I mean, I've been writing, but not MY stuff. So tomorrow.... I'm doing 30 minutes.

But I'm not taking a yoga class or eating more fiber. Honest.